Category:Green Carnation Club
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Coterie Name||Green Carnation Club|
A Coterie of Queer Men that formed in the London Molly Houses run by Christian Whitechapel. Known for their parties, their resourcefulness, their extravagance, and their willingness to put sect matters aside to protect and advocate for Queer men.
- They fed their ex-lovers to their Banu-Haqim
- They're all blood bonded to one another.
- They actually don't discuss politics at all, and are united behind Queer Activism & Queer Rights.
- Their parties are legendary.
- There is a commitment to Humanitas that is impressive, even if they have several members on Paths.
- "This one moment when you know you're not a sad story. You are alive, and you stand up and see the lights on the buildings and everything that makes you wonder. And you're listening to that song and that drive with the people you love most in this world. And in this moment I swear, we are infinite. - Charlie, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
- "We’ve all done this; created our mix-and-match families, our homemade safety nets." - David Levithan, Two Boys Kissing
- "Of course I am sympathetic to their goal of making mortal society safer for men who prefer the company of other men, but time has perverted my vampiric appetites beyond redemption. The warmth and pleasures they promise, while enticing to others, would only be wasted on this painted husk that the years have made a stranger to itself." - Zoltan Vancura
- "Here's how it usually goes. I start talking to one of them, that's fine, nice, whatever. Then a second shows up and you know it's a little tougher to keep focus but still manageable. Then a third shows up and then another, and well once there's a full bouquet in front of me there's not much else to do but give in." - Kenneth Bilge