|Clan||Banu Haqim Vizier|
|Social Class||Master Elder|
|Society||Library of the Sixth Worthy|
Randolf is around 6 feet tall with strong shoulders and a solid build. He has dark hair and pale skin that's still bronzed from it's time in the sun. His hair has some natural curl and he's often found with a fastidiously maintained mustache. The blush of the living, a well tailored suit, and the flair of color from his manicure stand out as you look him over.
- 1500s - Stein was a Protestant, from the Duchy of Prussia, who mastered the skills of a physician.
- 1537 - Attracted the attention of the Banu Haqim for his medical and cultural knowledge.
- 1537 - Ghouled after proving himself as a scholar and one of unwavering faith.
- 1544 - Embraced as a Vizier after 7 years of education and trials.
- 1560 - Began taking regular missions into European courts
- 1563 - The Sabbat makes a general blitz across all of Europe. Randolf gets his first taste of their depravity and a hate builds.
- 1618 - The Thirty Years’ War begins. Randolf maneuvers on behalf of the Protestants out of connection to his human life and faith.
- 1644 - First met the Ancilla Elias Stone. Stone helps Randolf halt his spiraling Humanity and withdraw from the conflict.
- 1648 - The Thirty Years’ War ends. The war leaves Randolf at his lowest point. Spent politically, almost at the mercy of his beast, and on thin ice with his clan he decides to fully leave his mortal life behind. However, he does not abandon his faith or morality and with this base he begins building his modern philosophy.
The Colonies/United States
- 1651 - As a censure and second chance Stein is one of many tasked with setting up Banu Haqim operations in the New World.
- 1652 - Arrived in New Amsterdam as a practicing physician
- 1664 - New Amsterdam passed to English control, renamed New York.
- 1666 - Rampant superstitions and conflict in New York threaten Randolf’s existence, leading him to recenter his operations to the frontier.
- 1670 - Expanded the purpose of his influence network to protect worthy Kindred from the Sabbat and the untamed wilds of the Colonies.
- 1693 - Rumors crop up that he purposely allowed or even engineered a Brujah’s (one known for their brutality and rapacity) death while they traveled with the aid of his network.
- 1700s - Randolf aids in establishing several Camarilla domains, provides experienced information to newcomers, and subsequently steps out of the spotlight throughout North America during this century. He ends up with a wealth of Boons that more than cover his duties to the Mountain.
- 1712 - Survived a Sabbat assault with Edmund Stuart, an Elder Ventrue.
- 1721 - Encountered Ventrue Neonate Jeanne Batiste-LaFayette while collecting tales in New Orleans. They trade stories of their lives and their people.
- 1771 - Stein encounters a Kindred with unique powers of the blood. Nahullo Hakna is a native and now Cainite who teaches Stein more about the natives' secrets. Stein hopes that staying in the Kindred's debt will ensure they meet again.
- 1776 - The American Revolution begins.
- 1821 - Encountered William Faust*, a Nosferatu and fellow lorekeeper. Observed his rapid ascent of the Tower.
- 1832 - First took Zeke Wylde, a Neonate Gangrel Noiad, under his wing. Attempts to mold him into a warrior-scholar.
- 1837 - A confrontation occurred that would lead to Zeke and Randolf’s separation a year later. Randolf keeps in contact and Zeke has occasionally returned to his tutelage.
- 1847 - Stein supports the founding of the New York Academy of Medicine. It continues to this day as an effective advocate in public health reform.
- 1873 - Encountered Aldmar Of the Deep Woods, a Malkavian Elder, as they explored the lore of the new world. The two traded information and discussed philosophies.
- 1898 - Becomes a regular attendee to Tower events in NYC. Treated as an emissary of the Banu Haqim.
- 1900 - A magnificent celebration of the new century leads to a tenuous peace between the sects in New York City. There are hints that a large number of mental and social disciplines were involved in the peace process.
- 1905 - Nahullo Hakna and Stein are reconnected in the courts of New York. The Prince worries about too many unaligned Kindred in the city and sets a competition between the two. They see through the ruse and prefer to remain cordial. So they tie the competition and end up owing each other a Major Boon.
- 1911 - Stein is in the need of a Medium and he contacts Nahullo. Possessed tomes are far too common an issue for Lorekeepers.
- 1917 - In an effort to to keep up with the changing times Stein employed then ghoul Ivy Lynne Gatwood to educate him on the Women’s Suffrage Movement. In return, he supported the movement on her behalf.
- 1929 - The Great Depression begins. Randolf feeds both kindred and kine by creating a medical research organization with the funding of Edmund Stuart*. Test subjects are paid and provided hearty meals for testing pharmaceuticals and regularly providing blood samples for testing.
- 1950s - Reconnected with now Ancilla Jeanne Batiste-LaFayette. They recount the last 200 years and decide to keep in contact more regularly.
- 1999 - Returned to the Mountain after the breaking of the Tremere curse. Quickly found he was not allowed to leave.
- 1999 - Joined the Schismatics in refusal to renounce God.
- 1999 - Escaped with Sire, joined them in leveraging centuries of Boons to create a refuge for the Schismatics in the Tower.
- 1999 - Requests Acknowledgement in NYC upon joining the sect.
- 1999 - Randolf and Nissim Melamed celebrate the exile of the Sabbat from NYC.
- 2004 - Aided Banu Haqim in becoming a Pillar clan.
- 2010 - The Mortal Inquisition grows into the Second Inquisition.
- 2011 - The Schism is laid to rest
- 2012 - Stein survives the Conclave of Prague as a friend of Kasim Bayar.
- 2012 - Was one of two survivors in an assault by the Second Inquisition. The other being Marcel Trevisani, a known Caitiff.
- 2015 - Stein attends the Conclave of Havana to witness the ascent of Fatima al Faqadi.
- 2018 - Stein attends the Conclave of Abuja as a proponent of both clans seeking membership.
- 2018 - With the reformation of the Council of Scrolls, Stein joined the College of Flesh and Blood along with the College of Thought and Contemplation
Randolf Stein is a physician and Banu Haqim Elder who enjoys playing the mentor. Many a Neonate has learned they can have an Elder in their corner for the minor cost of smiling through Grandpa’s advice and suggestions. Despite only being a member of the Sect for 21 years, he’s spent much of his existence interacting with the Tower on behalf of his clan. In addition to being a keeper of esoteric lore, Stein has spent a great deal of time mastering the give and take of prestation. He and his sire even helped orchestrate Banu Haqim’s admittance into the Tower. Randolf can be a bit puritanical in his beliefs. For example, he finds intimate kine/Kindred relationships deplorable when the Kindred in question has outlived a human life.
- "When I say to the wicked, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn him or speak out to warn the wicked from his wicked way that he may live, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand. Yet if you have warned the wicked and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but you have delivered yourself." - Ezekiel 3:18-19
- "Others might accuse him of being a sugar daddy, but I think everyone likes a little sweetness now and then." - Zoltan Vancura
- "Respectable Elder, very proper in court. Too nice at times, I've heard he healed some people that I've had to hurt in the line of duty" - Kelly Cassidy
- "Mr. Stein has always seemed very kind, if a bit stuffy at times. But oh, he has some wonderful stories." - Agatha Palmerstone
- "Never believe the words of a man who places himself on a pedestal." - Nissim Melamed
- "Well spoken. Respectable. But then, many monsters are." - Alaric of Gaul
- “In Elder Stein, you will find a peerless mentor, tutor, and brother-in-arms. Charming, patient, and witty to the last. I am more than grateful to see him among our number.” — 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓾𝓭𝓮
- "I mean, like I get it, he's Banu Haqim and I'm a Tremere but as far as I could tell seemed genuinely interested in my idea about a blood substitute. I mean sure he may have been probing my mind but all's well that ends well right?" - Kenneth Bilge