Klaus von Teutoburg
|Mortal Name||Jan Niklaus Sauer|
|Title||Baron in exile|
|Freehold||The Freehold of Turtle Bay|
Mephistophelian-looking - tall, dark, imposing, with a face sharp and pointed, a magnificent rack of curved horns and an equally magnificent beard and mane, and eyes the color of hellfire. Walks with a pronounced limp. Typically wears a sharp business suit over a black sweater, or, less formally, subtly militaristic rivethead-style outfits. His chimerical garb complements that with a dense mantle of torn burlap and numerous chains wrapped around his body. A bell of dull-colored metal rattles on a leather collar on his neck.
Interests: German history and literature, military history, kink, industrial rock, cookies.
- 1982 - Born Jan Niklaus Sauer.
- 2003 - Emerges among the Kithain after a Chrysalis during a wild student Christmas party at Cooper Union. Connects with several Nocker residents of Goblin Town attending the same party.
- 2004-2008 - Goblin Town destroyed by rampaging Chimerae. Many of Klaus's acquaintances are never seen again, and presumed perished. Klaus himself temporarily disappears from the Kithain society. (Note: exact date is unclear due to temporal instability in the area.)
- 2010 - Opens the Arson lounge, which doubles as an underground BDSM club and becomes a "point of gravitation" for the local Unseelie community. De-facto mastermind of multiple Unseelie hijinks. Positions himself as a "mustache-twirling villain", which leads to the development of NYC's distinct Unseelie style once described as "mostly harmless performative villainy".
- 2012 - The Crystal Egg Affair.
- 2014 - The idea to acquire a Kindling Stone to light a Balefire in NYC begins floating around. A group of Kithain, with Klaus among them, undertakes a quest to the center of Goblin Town. The knowledge acquired during his previous visits helps him lead the party to avoid several Nocker traps. Upon return, Klaus "usurps" the seat of the Freehold's Baron - although, in fact, no one else really wanted the job.
- 2022 - Defeated in a yearly Beltaine challenge by a champion of the Seelie Court, and steps down from power.
- "Genau" by KMFDM
- "Was wollen wir trinken" by D'Artagnan
- "Ribbons" by The Sisters Of Mercy
- "We Are Number One" by Tardigrade Inferno
- "Bad Guy" by The Cog Is Dead
- "When You're Evil" by Voltaire
- "Angbands Schmieden" by Summoning
- Main Theme from Krampus (2015) by Douglas Pipes
- "Night on Bald Mountain" by Modest Mussorgsky
- "Ich Will" by Rammstein
- "A Sombre Dance, Chapter IV" by Estatic Fear
- "Short Change Hero" by The Heavy
- Havelock Vetinari, Discworld
- Londo Molari, Babylon 5.
- Archon of the Tower, Tyranny.
- Samalander, "Villains by Necessity" by Eve Forward
- Dick Dastardly
- Gomez Addams
- Admiral Miles Naismith of the Dendarian Mercenaries
- Götz von Berlichingen, aka Götz of the Iron Hand
- His Excellency President Kevin Baugh, Republic of Molossia
- The Tyrant of Turtle Bay speaks fluent Pooka.
- Klaus walks with a limp, the result of an injury during the collapse of Goblin Town. He is tight-lipped about what happened that day, and how he managed to escape from the wreckage.
- Klaus owns a signed copy of "Panzer greift an".
- Klaus just got a forklift driver license.
- There are some very incriminating photos of the Tyrant going around, from back in his days on a Rocky Horror cast (yes, he played Frank).
"The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination."
"You do not make history. You can only hope to survive it."
- G'Kar, "Babylon 5"
"Oh, on most days we lose. But once in a while, just once, it works. And those moments of perfect clarity where all the world is in the palm of your hand, a hundred thousand middling minds made into flawless assembly by your will? Those are worth all the rest."
- Dread Empress Regalia II
"Diese Welt ist der Wille zur Macht — und nichts ausserdem! Und auch ihr selber seid dieser Wille zur Macht — und nichts ausserdem!"
- Friedrich Nietzsce, "Der Wille zur Macht"
Ich will dass ihr mir vertraut
Ich will dass ihr mir glaubt
Ich will eure Blicke spüren
Jeden Herzschlag kontrollieren
- Till Lindemann
"[Ich bin] ein Teil von jener Kraft, / Die stets das Böse will und stets das Gute schafft."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, "Faust"
And what matters ain't the "Who's baddest," but the
Ones who stop you fallin' from your ladder, 'cause
This is ain't no place for no hero
This ain't no place for no better man
This ain't no place for no hero
To call home
- The Heavy, "Short Change Hero"
- "You couldn't make him up in a story, it would be too unbelievable. He's one of the most interesting and strangely delightful characters I've come across in my travels, and that's saying a lot." – Erzulie Daniels
- "A capable leader, to be sure. Some of his proclivities do leave me wondering... for example, why he is so fond of thwarted villainy that I expect he craves being beaten repeatedly by Moose and Squirrel." – Edwin Devonshire
- "Oh he's a wonderful Tyrant, he eats my cookies and gives me new recipes to try out he even will snuggle up in warm blankets when we watch movies. He's also really brave because he laughs during the scary parts." - Sweetcrumb
- "The Tyrant and I understand one another, our roles and our duties, yes. Believe me, I would take cold comfort in that if only I could, but we are what we are, each of us. But we also understand that beggars cannot be choosers in the depths of Winter." - Iris Argiope