|Freehold||The United Freehold of Skyfire Citadel|
If you can see him at all in the first place, Leshiy appears as a wiry Slavic man in his 40s, looking unusually pale and sunken-eyed, yet surprisingly easy-going for his appearance. He dresses in outdoorsy jeans-and-flannel, or in army-style camouflage of slightly unusual coloration. You can bet good money there's at least one loaded weapon on him somewhere.
His Fae Mien is gnarled and twisted, like a tree that could not decide in which direction it should grow.
2016 - Leshiy moves to the US from Belarus, and settles somewhere in Michigan. He doesn't talk about his life in the Old Country, or his reasons for moving.
(Also pending DPotM approval.)
- Leshiy regularly forages through the Dreaming for Curios, and usually has some to trade.
- If you ever get lost in the Ottawa National Forest, bow in four cardinal directions, call out to Leshiy, and promise to buy him a drink. He'll show up to lead you out.
- Or... maybe don't. There have been people gone missing in those woods.
- He is also behind most of the Bigfoot sightings in the area.
- Leshiy has a YouTube channel where he shows off assorted survival techniques.
When I am with them, I stop dying,
Their hands are open and words have color,
They breathe fresh grass, and they do not care,
That the Major is coming to destroy them all.
None of them will accept us, none will understand,
But the Major shall slip, and the Major shall fall,
For we are ice under Major's feet!
- Yegor Letov, "We Are Ice"
Edit Quotes: Add your own!
- The Slavic Leshy.
- The Red Forest and the Dancing Forest.
- The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. video game series.
- Kuzmich from the Peculiarities of the National Hunt.
- Danila Bagrov from Brother 2, and a whole plethora of Russian 90s action movie protagonists.
- Les Stroud, the Survivorman.
- Scout-Trooper Mkvenner, Tanith First-and-Only.